October 2020 M T W T F S S « Aug 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Tip no. 10: Singing in London Summer Concert – The Power of a Sing Along
- Tip no 9: The truth about singing: What makes Tina Turner a great singer?
- Tip no. 8: The truth about singing: What inspired us to sing and how do we do it?
- Tip no. 7: The truth about singing: What is an emotional voice? The ‘vibrato’.
- Tip no. 6: The truth about singing: How to gain the confidence to sing and how to lose it?
Category Archives: Vocal Coaching
When you hear a song sung in a trembling voice it might sound strange to your ear but in most cases it is projected that way in order to create a special effect. This effect is called vibrato which comes … Continue reading
Singing can be terrifying for some, but at the same time it could be exhilarating. People say it feels good to sing, “I am inspired by it and would like to do it again”. So what stops us expressing our … Continue reading
#479720035 / gettyimages.com Although singing is a natural way of using your voice, most people can’t sing properly for the simple reason that they don’t pronounce the words in the correct way. To sing means to project and to project … Continue reading
Let’s move on to the song ‘New York, New York’, which was made famous by Frank Sinatra and sung by Alicia at the opening of her duet with Jay-Z. The tune is stretched on a wide range of notes that … Continue reading
Back to the song New York Empire State of Mind, (which was mentioned in my first tip) Jay-Z joins Alicia Keys rapping along with the tune. Notice that the rap fits in exactly within the frame of the song. Both, … Continue reading
I’d like to share with you a few tips on how to start singing from scratch. You can also practice it at home and make substantial progress. When you’re listening to music on your radio or iPod/phone try humming along … Continue reading